Roasted potatoes is one of our favorite ways to cook Carroll’s Heritage Potatoes by combining 3 -4 or even more, and enjoying the different tastes, textures, and colours, and then you have the most satisfying sides known to humans.
All you have to do is half, toss, and stick them in the oven, and there are a couple of smart tricks to this recipe: lining your baking sheet with foil means clean up is a cinch. Then, spraying the foil with a bit on nonstick spray means all the herby garlicky bits stick to the potatoes, not the baking sheet. You can change the herbs depending on what you have… we like rosemary and oregano but you could use parsley and thyme, too.
1. 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise (AURA 1951, RED EMMALIE, PIPPA, HARLEQUIN PINK FIR APPLE 1850, VIOLETTA RED DUKE OF YORK 1942 )
2. 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3. 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
4. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
5. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
6. ¾ teaspoon salt
7. ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. Toss together all the ingredients. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.